Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I LOVE PB

I'm pretty sure it's no big secret that I'm a little obsessed with nut butters.  And, while I love me a good almond butter, I maintain that there is nothing like the original -- that being peanut butter.  And so it should not surprise you that the best restaurant meal I've had in a pretty long while came from this place.

My partners in peanutty crime:



I highly recommend going with a group of people because then you can share!  We got 3 different sandwiches, each of which comes with a baby bag of potato chips (to balance out the largely sweet sandwiches), and carrot sticks (so you feel healthy! (ha!)).


#1: The Elvis.  As I learned from their menu, Elvis liked PB and banana sandwiches.  Who doesn't?  Anyway, this was an ode to the King with chunky PB (our choice... we chose chunky for them all, as well as whole wheat), banana, and honey, GRILLED.  Awesome.  Optional bacon.  Next time...


#2: Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Sandwich: Cinna-raisin PB with vanilla cream cheese and green apple slices.  The one I was least excited about, and the one I liked the most.  I have no words.  The vanilla cream cheese was basically icing.  It all just worked.


#3: The monthly special!  Affectionately dubbed "The Freya" for its extreme likeness to all of my favorite foods.  Chunky PB, coconut, and granola.  


"Kristen, make sure it looks like we're friends."


I requested that it be unnamed The Freya because it was kind of disappointing.  PB&Co, if you're reading this, it was too dry.  Needed some raspberry jam, according to my advanced palate.

I came home from the store with a container of Dark Chocolate Dreams PB, and managed to eat half of it in a week.  I was disturbed and managed to slow down a bit.  It doesn't need to be refrigerated, but I have been keeping it cold so that it comes out in globs or chunks, rather than being spreadable.  My version of portion control.  Makes it harder to slather the stuff on every edible item in my kitchen.  But it does make it ideal for oatmeal!  And yes, you can buy it at many grocery stores.  But don't say I didn't warn you... you will never want to put your spoon down.

No comments:

Post a Comment